Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you… James 4:7-8.
Imagine one day Satan is talking to his angels. They’re trying to find a way to make Christians fall away from the Lord. What should they do? Satan might give them these ten tactics.
- Overstimulate people’s minds with phones, TVs, and video games so that they can’t hear the Lord speaking to them.
- Get them to work long hours to maintain empty lifestyles.
- Keep them busy with things that really don’t matter.
- Make them self sufficient. As long as people can thrive in their own strength, they will never humble themselves to follow God.
- Tempt them to spend, spend, spend. Their debt will make them do things that they otherwise would never do.
- Discourage them from spending family time together. When homes disintegrate there’s no refuge from the pressures of life.
- Keep them on social media so they are focused on outward appearances; that way they’ll be dissatisfied with themselves and their spouses.
- Crowd their lives with good things, so they don’t have room for eternal things.
- Keep them afraid of discussing spiritual things with their friends. If they hold the gospel to themselves, perhaps society can finally drown out the church.
- Keep them busy, busy, busy! So busy they don’t have time to enjoy their life and reflect on God’s creation.
Is it possible that you’ve fallen for one of these tactics? If so, its not too late to reclaim you time, energy, and your family for the Lord. Resist the devil and he will flee from you, James 4:7. Let’s be strong in the Lord.