There is no foolproof method to raising kids to be faithful Christians as adults. This is because each child is different and each person has free moral will to make their own decisions. However, there are some standards that will help our kids to mature into faithful adults. Here are some things we can do.
- Parents Must First Develop Their Own Passionate Relationship With God.
The first commandments is to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37.
- Create A Stable, Consistent, and Christian Home Environment For Them.
“You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.” Deuteronomy 6:7.
- Teach The Bible at Home. Don’t Depend on Your Church Leaders Only.
“But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from who you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 3:14-15
- Protect Your Children From Worldly Influences On Line and With Friends
“Evil companionship corrupts good morals.” 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Bless Your Children and Pray For Them.
Jesus often held children and blessed and prayed for them, Mark 10:16.
- Understand Your Child’s Greatest Need
“Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
- Cooperation Between Parents In Spiritual Values
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6.
- Train Your Children in Godliness
“And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4
- Teach Your kids to Reverence or “Fear” God
“The fear (respect) of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.” Proverbs 1:7
- Teach Them “Why” We Do What We Do. Teach Doctrine.
“Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those that hear you.” 1 Timothy 4:16