Psalm 127:1-2 The Lord must build the house
Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a blessing, not an inconvenience
Psalm 127:4 The arrows need to be aimed correctly
- Don’t depend on the school for moral teaching
Deuteronomy 6:5-9, Joshua 24:5
- Don’t compare your child’s progress with anyone else
- Teach your children to do their best, leave room for failures
- Know what is going on in their lives
What’s being taught, friends, etc.
- Never criticize teachers or coaches in their presence
Obey the authorities, 1 Peter 2:13
- Laugh often, enjoy the moment
- Know your kid’s friends
1 Corinthians 15:33
- Treat kids as adults, but realize they will act like kids
- Watch the “over” danger
Over protection, over control, over indulge, over react
- Maintain their safety
Goal: make the home a place a place where they can come back.
Example of the prodigal son: after the boy lost everything, he wanted to go home.